Easy Tips Laminate Painting Kitchen Countertops
Painting kitchen countertops is sure easy job to done. You just keep read carefully and to do. Laminate is one of most popular types of kitchen countertops. Many people look for information in internet about how to paint kitchen countertops. Laminate kitchen countertop is the best choice for kitchen decorating options. Many people consider Formica to be a synonymous means for kitchen laminate. Laminate has unique terms while the Formica some people call it name brand kinds of laminate; you can make directions use regardless if you name your kitchen countertops with Formica or laminate. Wood materials such as sprucing up the kitchen doesn’t necessarily call for modern counters, simple changing the colour on the kitchens are all that is necessary to comfortable and cute room. You are only just to change some colours of your kitchen laminate countertops, at a moment will work miracles and design the whole contemporary kitchen look remodeled.
Painting Kitchen Countertops
Below are lists of how to paint kitchen countertops well, let us check it out.
- Firstly, please remove all things from the kitchen countertops.
- You must save kitchen cabinets, kitchen appliances and floor with drop cloths. Use low tack masking tape to protect areas that can’t be covered with a drop cloth.
- Please open the kitchen window as healthy ventilation and make your kitchen the air temperature is above 50 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wrap 1000 grit sandpaper around a hard rubber sanding block.
- Sand the laminate kitchen countertops until you remove the shiny surface.
- Vacuum the sanding dust off the modern countertops with a shop the upholstery attachment attached to a vacuum hose.
- You might give warm water to a bucket and a squirt of grease fighting liquid dish soap. Stir to blend the soap and water.
- Submerge a rag or sponge into the soapy water and wring out the excess soapy water.
- Wipe the countertops to remove grease, oils and dirt from the counters.
- Wet a second rag with plain, warm water. Wipe the counters to remove the soap residue.
- Dry the countertops with a microfiber rag.
- Pour specially formulated countertop paint into a painter’s tray.
- Attach a ¼’ nap roller to roller handle.
- Dip a high quality china bristle paint brush into the countertop paint.
- Paint the edges of the countertop where it meets the backsplash, walls or appliances along the edge and approximately 2 to 3 inches away.
- Roll the ¼ inch nap roller through the countertop paint.
- Knock the excess paint off on the painter’s tray lip.
- Roll the first coat of paint back and forth in a “V” pattern over the surface of the laminate countertop until the entire counter is covered by the first coat.
- Allow the paint to dry for four to six hours.
- Apply a second coat of paint using the same technique as the first coat. If the paint doesn’t look like it solidly covered the countertop, add a third coat after allowing the surface to dry for four to six hours.
- Let the countertop paint dry for 72 hours before using the countertops.
I think that’s all the painting kitchen countertops ways that can you do.